Dwelling in the Word: Now offered online weekly!
Dwelling in the Word is a communal prayer practice in which we listen to how God is speaking to us through Scripture, while paying attention to how God is speaking to others through Scripture. It is the primary spiritual practice of the Vital +Thriving program and involves reflection, deep listening, and faith that the Holy Spirit will guide us as we practice together.
The process starts with prayer, then listening to a scripture passage read aloud twice. Participants are then paired up to discuss these questions:
- What captured your attention or imagination?
- What question might you want to ask a Biblical scholar?
- What do you hear God saying in this passage?
It is a practice that anyone can do, and one that we encourage all churches in the Vital+Thriving project to participate in. The practice only takes 20-30 minutes.
Starting in October 2022, Amy Cook (Working Group Head for Faith Formation, The Episcopal Diocese of California) will be offering two different times to virtually participate in this practice on a regular basis:
- 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month: Dwelling in the Word will be offered 12-12:30pm PT (10/6, 10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1, 12/15).
Join us on Zoom: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84729917083
- Offered roughly on the 2nd and 4th Monday of every month: Dwelling in the Word will be offered 6-6:30pm PT (10/10, 10/24, 11/7, 11/21, 12/5).
Join us on Zoom: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89877079630
Please save these dates/times/links to your calendar and join us for this practice!