Forums Spiritual Theology 1.3: Brueggemann on the Psalter Reply To: 1.3: Brueggemann on the Psalter

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    September 25, 2020 at 11:34 am

I start by saying that this reading brought to my memory moments of my childhood in which I was taught and told that God will only love me, blessed me or be there for me if I did this or that. Even from a very early age I remember my mom saying things like, “God will be mad at you if you don’t clean your room or if you don’t get good grades” The God and relationship with God that I knew growing up was one in which obedient was a demand and the only way to be good in God’s eyes.

As I was growing up, this God became something or someone I wanted nothing to do with. It wasn’t until Jesus met right where I was in my life, struggling with addiction that I was able to start falling in love with God, with who He really is. Today, I am obedient because He asked me to I am obedient because His love for me transformed me, changes me every day. I grow closer and closer to Him and by default what had happen is that everything I do, everything I say, everything I experience becomes an act of obedience and praise to Him