Forums Spiritual Theology 1.2: The Way of Ignorance Reply To: 1.2: The Way of Ignorance

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    September 22, 2020 at 8:51 pm

These two readings really brought me back to the early days of my medical training. Many people enter medical school with the perception that to care for people you have to learn as much as you can so you can know everything. I began to notice that the physicians and caregivers I respected most and who were able to be the best healers demonstrated the most humility. When Wendell Berry discusses the “wisdom of humility” he is discussing a deeper self awareness that allows us to see that we do not and cannot know everything. In doing this, we are able to engage on a deeper level with those we serve and those we are in community with. When admit that we do not know something or that someone may know something that we do not, we create a sacred space for discussion, reflection and connection. In that space we have an opportunity to learn and grow. In this space, we find the ways in which we might bring about the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth.